RE ALLOCATION OF TEACHING POSTS AND TEACHERS TIME TABLE PERIODS
- SO (SE-Ill) 5-49/2013
GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB
SCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Dated Lahore, the June 24, 2013
- The District Coordination Officers, Attock, Khushab & Lodhran.
- The Executive District Officers (Edu), Attack, Khushab & Lodhran.
- The District Monitoring Officers. Attack, Khushab & Lodhran.
Subject. RE-ALLOCATION OF TEACHING POSTS
Under-staffing schools causes main hurdle in achieving 100% enrollment, 100% retention, quality of education and district indicators under School Reforms Roadmap_ These hurdles will be removed through proper utilization of the existing human resource, provision of need based subject teachers, workload and maintaining of Student-Teacher Ratio, Three districts i.e. Attock, Khushab and Lodhran have been selected as pilot project on basis of geographic location for re-allocation of teaching staff.
|2. SUBJECT-WISE WORKLOAD (45 Periods weekly)
(A) For Elementary classes (6 to 8)
|No. of No. of|
|6||Arabic or Computer||3+3|
|Islamiat||3||Optional Drawing, Health and Physical,
Persian, Home Economics, Agriculture
Note: In all Elementary Schools and those High Schools where computer labs are not established, six periods are allocated for Arabic whereas in other schools three periods for Arabic and three periods for computer will be allocated.
|(B) For Secondary classes (9 to 10)|
|Subject||No. of Periods
|Subject||No. of Periods per week|
Advanced Islamic Studies, Computer Science,
- TEACHER-WISE WORKLOAD
|Teacher||Minimum No. of periods 1
|EST/SESE (all categories)||36|
|SST/SSE (all categories)||33|
(including Secondary and Higher Secondary Classes
|PET (other than games)||18|
|HM of Elementary! Community Model School||18|
|HM / SR.HM / PRINCIPAL of HS / HSS||12|
- CRITERIA FOR PROVISION OF TEACHING STAFF
- Size of section of single section school upto 50 students
- Additional Section Size 50 Students
- Sire of additional last section 20 to 50 students
- There will be forty five (45) periods in a week including live periods on Friday of each section and duration of each period shall be 40 minutes during winter and 35 minutes in summer.
Winter (April 16 to October 14) 6 hours
Summer (October 15 to April 15) 5 hours 30 Minutes
Preferably General Science and General Math should be taught by the SST (Science), SS/SSS (Math, Physics, Chemistry & Biology).
- CRITERIA FOR SHIFTING OF SURPLUS POSTS
- Surplus posts from over-staffed schools will be shifted in descending order of enrollment to under-staffed schools subject to workload and
- In case of shifting of a surplus post alongwith incumbent, preference will be given to willing incumbent in respective category of post.
- While the excess teachers from a school are being shifted to elsewhere, instead of removing the teachers of longer stay or seniors, the junior most teachers should be shifted.
- Surplus posts with male incumbents in consolidated Model Primary
Schools will be shifted in Boys Primary School or primary portion of higher level Boys School. Female incumbents will also be shifted in Girls Schools subject to SIR.
- In case of shifting of two or more interested incumbents competing against one post in the school, the senior most among them will be given
- The Educators who were appointed in the years 2011 and 2012 will be retained in their schools subject to justified workload or STR whichever is admissible.
- Surplus posts with incumbents in consolidated Model Primary Schools will be shifted subject to STR.
- DISTRICT COMMITTEE
The Committee comprising of the following officers is hereby constituted to re-allocate the posts of Primary, Elementary, High and Higher Secondary Schools on case to case basis:-
- District Coordination Officer Chairman
- Executive District Officer (F & P) Member
- District Accounts Officer Member
- District Monitoring Officer Member
- Executive District Officer (Edu) Member/
TORS OF THE COMMITTEE
- To examine and finalize the teacher re-allocation plan on case to case basis;
- To notify the re-allocation Plan and reflecting the same in the budget book
- To consolidate primary schools according to guidelines vide No. SO (SE-Il I) 2-13/2007 dated 31-05-2012.
- To indentify the number of potential slots in teacher-deficient schools, publicly notifying the slots, seeking choices of surplus
teachers and then adjusting them according to merit, with priority being according to seniors_
- The DCO and the EDO (Edu) shall be personally responsible to ensure that all the shifting and adjustment of teachers from one school to another is done in a mathematical, objective, fair and transparent manner.
- To ensure that salary of teaching staff is not stopped.
- The PMIU will forward a tentative school-wise re-allocation Plan to
the districts and will also keep follow-
- Enrollment determined on 315 October will be considered for
re-allocation of teaching posts. The exercise shall be completed before 28th June, under intimation to the Department.
- Third Party Validation will be carried out after completion of re-
allocation of posts.
SECRETARY SCHOOL EDUCATION
NO & DATE EVEN:
A copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to:
- The Program Director, PMIU, Punjab, Lahore.
- The Director Public Instruction (SE/EE) Punjab,
- Executive District Officers (F&P), Attack, Khushab and Lodhran
- District Accounts Officers, Attack, Khushab and Lodhran.
SECTION OFFICER (SE-Ill)
- Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Punjab.
- Staff Officer to Chief Secretary, Punjab, Lahore.
- The Commissioners, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Sahiwal and Multan.
4_ The Program Director, DSD, Punjab.
- S to Chairman P&D Department.
- PS to Secretary Finance.
- S to Secretary School Education Department.
- PA to Addl. Secretary (Schools)
- PA to Addl. Secretary (General)