LAUNCHING OF SCHOOL BASED CPD OF PSTS IN OF PRIMARY AND MIDDLE SCHOOLS IN ALL DISTRICTS OF PUNJAB
QAED/ CC(D0/4-20/2020/1/ 7
QUAID-E-AZAM ACADEMY FOR EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB
Dated: December 3 , 2020
1. All the Chief Executive Officers, District Education Authorities, in Punjab.
2. All the Heads of District QAEDs in Punjab.
SUBJECT: LAUNCHING OF SCHOOL-BASED CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL
DEVELOPMENTs OF PRIMARY AND MIDDLE SCHOOLS IN ALL DISTRICTS OF PUNJAB
Quaid-e-Azam Academy for Educational Development (QAED) is an apex training institute in Punjab for professional development of in-service public school teachers and educational managers. As per the core element of its mandate, QAED Punjab has devised a school-based CPD of Primary School Teachers (PSTs) of Primary and Middle / Elementary schools.
2. The proposed school-based CPD model seeks to create an effective mechanism to support Primary School Teachers (PSTs) at their schools, in which the Assistant Education Officers (AEOs) would play the role of mentors.
3. The main components of school- based CPD of PSTs are given below:
a) Digital CPD Course: The major input component of CPD is the course developed for teachers in digital form by QAED with the technical support of PESP 3, PMIU and PITB. The course is called the Innovative Teacher Support Package (ITSP); it consists of 11 units for 11 teaching practices. Each unit consists of course activities, videos and self-assessment quiz. The units will be delivered to teachers through an online learning platform called Learning management system. An ITSP android app has also been developed by QAED, with technical support from PITB. The android app can be downloaded from the Google play store. The teachers will be able to log into the app using their SIS login credentials.
b) Classroom Observation: The AEOs will carry out classroom observations of teachers during their visits to schools in their Markaz. Classroom observation will be carried out every month using the approved Classroom Observation Tool (COT) and the COT app. The AEOs will also provide feedback / mentoring to the teachers after classroom observation. The detailed procedure for classroom observation has been elaborated in the COT manual. A copy of the COT manual is attached for ready reference. The purpose of carrying out classroom observations is to observe how teaching is taking place in the classrooms and help teachers to improve their teaching skills and pedagogy. The AEOs will be required to mentor the teachers not only after the observation session but also in the teacher forum meetings, using the ITSP course.
c) Teacher Forum Meetings: Monthly Teacher Forum meetings of all PSTs will be conducted by AEOs at a centrally located middle, high or higher secondary schools in their Marakaz. In these meetings, the AEOs will use CPD/ITSP units for improving pedagogy and teaching practices of the attending teachers. Detailed instructions on the conduct of teacher forum will be shared separately by QAED.
4. Consequent upon the approval of Secretary School Education Department (Annex-A), QAED Punjab plans to launch school-based CPD of PSTs in all the districts of Punjab from 1st December 2020 to improve the classroom teaching quality and to achieve the targets of quality education envisaged in the New Deal 2018-23.
5. For effective implementation of this new school- based CPD of primary school teachers following documents may be followed in letter and spirit. The documents are enclosed herewith as Annexure.
Annex-B: Roles and responsibilities of PSTs, AEOs, EOs, district QAED heads and CEOs.
Annex-C: Instructions for AEOs for conducting Teacher Forum Meetings.
6. Foregoing in view, I am directed to request that;
(i) The CEOs (DEAs) may extend full cooperation in rolling out CPD in their districts and ensure that AEOs are engaged in the CPD activities of PSTs (monthly classroom observations and monthly teacher forum meetings regularly) in the allocated schools of their Marakiz, after observing all the Covid-19 protocols. Now the schools are closed, the AEOs may be instructed to organize teacher forums online. The instructions for conducting online teacher forums can be seen (Annex-C).
(ii) The CEOs (DEAs) may issue a notification that all PSTs will attend monthly teacher forum meetings organized by AEOs at their respective Marakiz after school timings. The duration of the teacher forum meeting will be 03 hours.
(iii) The District QAED Heads may plan to conduct the monitoring of the main activities of CPD (monthly classroom observation and monthly teacher forum meeting) by AEOs through the EOs / QAED staff (SS) in their allocated Tehsil. Furthermore, they are also responsible for submission of online monitoring reports on a specified monitoring tool.
Course Coordinator (Distance Learning)
1. The Deputy Director (Planning), QAED, Punjab.
2. The Deputy Director (Finance), QAED, Punjab.
3. The Deputy Director (QA, M&E), QAED, Punjab.
4. PS to Secretary School Education Department.
5. Ps to Director General, QAED, Punjab.
6. PA to Additional Director General, QAED, Punjab.
7. Office file.
Advice regarding Grant of Time Scale Personal Upgradation from BS-16 to BS-17 in Multan
Local Holiday announced in District Rahim Yar Khan on urs Mubarak of Hazrat Khawaja Ghulam Farid (R….
PEEDA ACT 2006 Major Penalty imposed on 4 Head Teachers of High and Higher Secondary Schools Punjab
Biology Chapter No.11 BIOENERGETIES FIRST YEAR ONLINE MCQ’s for MDCAT & ECAT from F.Sc.
ANNUAL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS NOTIFICATION ISSUED BY S&GAD PUNJAB
MR. SIFFAT HUSSAIN TRANSFER & POSTED AS DISTRICT EDUCATION OFFICER (M-EE/BS-19) DISTRICT MIANWALI
Chemistry Chapter No. 06 Chemical Bonding – 1st Year Online MDCAT & ECAT MCQs for F.Sc.
Notification regarding Bazm-e-Adab Program on each Friday in Last two Periods
ISLAMIYAT General Knowledge for PPSC & FPSC ONLINE TEST NO. 5
MR. ALTAF HUSSAIN SAQIB POSTED AS ACTING CEO (DEA) DISTRICT KHANEWAL
Dr. Munawar Hussain Posted as Dy. DEO(SE) Bahawalpur
Conveyance Allowance decision of Lahore High Court Multan Bench