Harassment-Rana M Shabbir CEO DEA Faisalabad faced major Penalty reduction to a lower post
GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
No. SO (E&D-I) 1-10/2020, WHEREAS, Mst. Razia Tabassum(BS-19), ex-District Education Officer (W-EE), Faisalabad filed complaint No. WOP/11-176/2018/379 against Rana Muhammad Shabbir, ex-Chief Executive Officer, District Education Authority, Faisalabad stating therein:
“Rana Muhammad Shabbir being posted as Chief Executive Officer, District Education Authority, Faisalabad called her on telephone, on 24-12-2017 at 8:00 p.m and asked her to come to Govt. Girls High School, Rehmania for an assignment which was not her duty. On 25-11-2017, Rana Muhammad Shabbir used derogatory and abusive language against the complainant which was heard by many others. He created hostile environment for the complainant and abused his authority by issuing displeasure and explanation letters and thus tried to victimize the complainant”.
2. AND WHEREAS, learned Ombudsperson, Punjab passed her decision on 15-07-2020 in above quoted complaint against Rana Muhammad Shabbir, ex-Chief Executive Officer, District Education Authority, Faisalabad now Principal (BS-19), (Time Scale-BS-20) Government Model High School, Kasur, operative para is given as under:-
“Mr. Rana Muhammad Shabbir is guilty of causing harassment and creating an intimidating hostile and offensive work environment for the complainant, in terms of Section 2 (h) of the Protection against Harassment of Women at the Workplace Act, 2010. Major penalty of “reduction to a lower post”, as per Section 4 (4) (ii) (a) is awarded to Rana Muhammad Shabbir in a manner that he is reverted/demoted one step down. Since he is in BS-20; he stands demoted to BS-19. The Secretary School Education Department is directed to implement this penalty within one month upon receipt of the order”.
3. AND WHEREAS, the Ombudsperson further clarified vide letter No. WOP/11-176/2018/384 dated 30-07-2020 that if Mr.Rana Muhammad Shabbir is officer of BS-19, then he be demoted to BS-18.
4. NOW THEREFORE, the Chief Minister / Competent Authority, after due examination of facts of the case and decision dated 15-07-2020 read with letter dated 30-07-2020, in complaint No. WOP/11-176/2018/379 passed by the Ombudsperson, Punjab concluded that the charges of causing harassment and creating an intimidating hostile and offensive work environment for the complainant have been proved against him. Therefore, the Chief Minister / Competent Authority, in pursuance of the said decision under Section 4 (4) (ii) (a) of the Protection Against Harassment of Women at the Workplace Act, 2010, has imposed major penalty “reduction to a lower post and pay scale from substantive or regular post i.e. from Principal (BS-19) to Deputy District Education Officer (SE/EE)/Senior Subject Specialist/Senior Headmaster of High School and other posts (BS-18)” upon Rana Muhammad Shabbir, Principal (BS-19), Government Model High School, Kasur with immediate effect.
BY ORDER OF THE CHIEF MINISTER/
(DR. MUHAMMAD SUHAIL SHAHZAD)
SECRETARY SCHOOL EDUCATION
Dated Lahore, the
No. & Date Even:
A copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to
1. The Honorable Ombudsperson, Punjab w/r to complaint No.
2. The Accountant General Punjab, Lahore.
3. The Director Public Instructions (SE/EE), Punjab, Lahore.
4. The Deputy Commissioners / Administrators, District Education
5. The Chief Executive Officers, District Education Authority,
6. The District Education Officers (SE), Faisalabad & Lahore.
7. The Section Officer (SE-I), School Education Department with the
request to ensure compliance to the extent of new posting.
8. The accused officer.
9. Office order file.
PROVISION OF CERTIFICATE REGARDING PREPARATION OF HOMEWORK SCHEDULE FOR UPCOMING WINTER VACATIONS IN…
Basics of Computer – General Knowledge – Online MCQ’s for Competition Commission Exam
Chemistry Chapter No. 04 Liquids and Solids – 1st Year Online MDCAT & ECAT MCQs for F.Sc.
Guidance regarding Regularization of Services of Educators appointed under recruitment policy 2008-0…
Notification No new admission without SLC in Schools of Bahawalpur
Physics Online MCQs Class 1st Year MDCAT & ECAT Preparation
MR. FIAZ AHMAD POSTED AS DEPUTY DISTRICT EDUCATION OFFICER(M-EE/BS-18) TEHSIL & District BAHAWALPUR
Observance of Independence day 14 August 2020 in Schools
CORRIGENDUM OF REGULARIZATION OF EDUCATORS INDUCTED AFTER 20-10-2009
Recruitment of Non-Teaching Staff from BPS-01 to BPS-04 in SED Punjab
Provision of information regarding pending Pension cases of retired persons
GRADE 11 – PHYSICS CHAPTER NO. 9 PHYSICAL OPTICS Test No. 2 Online MCQs MDCAT & ECAT Preparation